This Digestive Health Centre operates under By-laws – QM-00-Qualtiy Manual – that support and facilitates a quality health service that delivers safe care.
The By-laws – QM-00-Quality Manual:
- establish the principles applying to the accreditation and defining scope of practice of practitioners
- govern the relationship of The Digestive Health Centre with its accredited practitioners
- set out rules for the conduct of accredited practitioners at The Digestive Health Centre
- outline the obligations on accredited practitioners in relation to the safety and the quality of care of patients
- ensure that a clinical governance framework is in place to evaluate, monitor and improve the quality and safety of the health services provided
- set out the scope of practice for services the facility can safely support
To view a full copy of the current This Digestive Health Centre By-laws– QM-00-Quality Manual, please click here
Infection Prevention and Control
The Digestive Health Centre has a comprehensive infection prevention and control program in place. Our facility is regularly audited for compliance with national infection prevention and control guidelines, Australian Standards for reprocessing of reusable instruments (AS 4187) and the Australian Commission of Safety and Quality in Healthcare [ACSQHC] National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards Edition 2 (NSQHS).
Is there any risk of infection during my procedure? At The Digestive Health Centre we have a robust infection control program and rigorous testing program in place ensuring any risks are minimised. Click Here for more information.
Hand Hygiene Australia Program
The Digestive Health Centre is committed to the Hand Hygiene Australia program and conducts regular compliance audits.
Clinical indicators are measures of elements of clinical care, which may, when assessed over time, provide a method of assessing the quality and safety of care. The Digestive Health Centre collects a number of clinical indicators that can be benchmarked against published data. These include: